Midfielder Gavin Rae is set to make an earlier-than-expected return for Cardiff after making an excellent recovery from a hand injury.Jay Bothroyd (knee), Joe Ledley (hip) and full-backs Kevin McNaughton (hamstring) and Mark Kennedy (calf) are also expected to be passed fit.
Blackpool may hand on-loan defender Andy Butler a debut as Ian Evatt and Rob Edwards are both suspended.
Hameur Bouazza is away on international duty with Algeria.
Fourth-placed Cardiff play their first league match since losing a four-goal lead at Peterborough.
That amazing game at London Road ended in disappointment for the Bluebirds, but it was the fifth match this season in which they scored four goals or more.
Blackpool, who are eighth, have also been a threat in front of goal. Ian Holloway's side have scored in all of their last eight matches and have failed to score only three times this season.
And their away form, which was previously a concern, has shown signs of improving. The Tangerines have won two of their last three away matches, notching victories at Derby and Middlesbrough.
• Cardiff have won their last three home league matches against Blackpool.
Have your say on this match
• Blackpool have not won an away match against the Bluebirds since 1995.
• Cardiff have scored 42 goals in the Championship this season. Only West Brom have netted more.
• They have been awarded seven penalties, which is more than any other side in the division. Six of those spot-kicks were converted.
• Of the 25 goals Blackpool have conceded this season, 19 have been let in away from home.
MOST RECENT MEETING
Blackpool 1-1 Cardiff (15 August 2009)
Blackpool scorer: Evatt 45.
Cardiff scorer: Chopra 12.
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport