Ipswich defenders Gareth McAuley and Damien Delaney are both carrying groin injuries and face late fitness tests.
Goalkeeper Richard Wright is back in contention following a knee injury.
Ipswich Town have drawn a staggering 17 league matches this season and another would equal their club record, which was set during the 1990/91 season.
A draw would hardly be a surprise, and neither would an early Ipswich goal. Town have scored six times in the first five minutes of matches this season - more than any other team in the Championship.
And Blackpool have tended to be vulnerable early on. No side in the division has let in more goals in the opening five minutes than the Tangerines, who have conceded four times during that period.
Town have beaten Blackpool twice this season, winning 3-1 at Portman Road in December and then knocking them out of the FA Cup. But Blackpool have won two of their last three matches and are only two points outside the play-off places, whereas Ipswich are still hovering close to the relegation zone.
• Blackpool have only ever won two home matches against Ipswich.
Have your say on this match
• A top-flight win in August 1962 is Blackpool's only league victory over the Suffolk club.
• Blackpool have had more attempts on goal (483) this season than any other team in the Championship, and have also hit the woodwork an unsurpassed 19 times.
• Ipswich could become the fourth club to do the double over Blackpool this season. The Lancashire side have already lost home and away to Leicester, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday.
• If selected, Matthew Gilks will be making his 200th career league appearance, while Gary Taylor-Fletcher could make his 250th career league start.
• Ipswich have had more shots on target than any other club in the second tier (267).
• They are looking to complete their second double of the campaign, having already taken six points off QPR.
• Jon Walters, who needs to score once to total 50 club career goals, is set to make his 250th career league appearance, while David Norris could make his 300th club career start.
MOST RECENT MEETING
Ipswich 3-1 Blackpool (12 December 2009)
Ipswich scorers: Stead 1, Colback 45, McAuley 71.
Blackpool scorer: Evatt 67.
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport