Flashback - Pool v MK Dons 11 Feb 2006

Last updated : 01 December 2006 By The Seasider
Sat 11 Feb 2006
Pool v Milton Keynes Dons Lost 0-3
Att; 5,691

Milton Keynes started brightly and Filipe Morais' close-range volley from Dean Lewington's cross was turned over the bar by Blackpool goalkeeper Lee Jones in the fifth minute.

David Fox had Blackpool's first shot on target in the eighth minute when his rasping 25-yard half-volley was palmed wide by keeper Ricardo Batista.

But the Dons continued to take the initiative and after McLeod's left-foot drive had been well saved by Jones at his near post in the 15th minute, McLeod put Milton Keynes ahead in the 24th minute.

Morais' deep corner was cleverly knocked back into the danger zone by Ben Harding at the far post and McLeod swivelled two yards out to turn in his 14th goal of the season.

Marcus Bean threatened an immediate response for the Seasiders when he forced Batista into a smart save from Njazi Kuqi's low cross, before Taylor headed Nicky Rizzo's perfect cross wide from 11 yards at the other end just after the half hour mark.

The fired-up McLeod curled a 22-yard effort inches wide in the 41st minute as the Dons deservedly went in 1-0 up at the break.

And then just four minutes after the re-start Taylor capitalised on Butler's poor back pass to double the Dons' advantage.

Taylor nipped in to cut out Butler's weak pass, before rounding the stranded Jones and slotting in his first Dons' goal against his old club.

The Seasiders battled back and Fox's strike was heroically cleared off the line by Chorley in the 51st minute after a poor punch by Batista.

But Blackpool's hopes of getting back in the game were dashed when Butler was sent off for his second bookable offence in the 53rd minute.

The persistence of the home side was rewarded in the 87th minute when McLeod sealed the rout.

He raced clean through and after dummying Blackpool keeper Jones, his deflected strike cannoned back off the post but into the net off the unlucky Sean Taylor.